CLIP Incentive Program
To encourage energy savings and spur involvement the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power introduced – in 2014 – the CLIP incentive program. This program replaced the Commercial Lighting Efficiency Offer (CLEO) that was in place during previous years.
The Commercial/Industrial Lighting Incentive Program (CLIP) is a program that provides rebates for commercial businesses that install newly purchased energy-saving lighting. The CLIP program uses calculated savings so you can customize your lighting and energy improvements to make sure your business is getting the most energy savings possible and receiving better incentive payments.
One big reason the LADWP CLIP PROGRAM is being offered is due to the many technological advances in lamps and ballasts. The hope is that LADWP rebate programs such as CLIP will encourage investment in these new, cleaner energy products that will cut your energy costs.
What Conditions Must Be Met For My Retrofit Lighting Project?
- Your business must provide a detailed business plan that lays out the scope of work for your lighting retrofit plan.
- Each CLIP applicant must have a non-residential account in good standing with the LADWP.
- Your retrofit lighting project must be on track to save a minimum of 10 percent.
- The total of you incentive payments may not exceed 75 percent of the entire lighting retrofit project.
- Your equipment must qualify and receive approval from the LADWP before the project begins.
- You must provide a project invoice with an itemized description of all lighting materials that have been installed.
What Energy Saving Equipment is Included?
- LED Interior Ceiling Mounted, Downlight, and Highbay Fixtures
- Exterior LED Pole Mounted and Wallpack Fixtures
- LED Screw-In Lamps
- New Induction Lamps and Fixtures
- High Performance Reduced Wattage Fluorescent Lamps and Ballasts
- And Many More!
Contact us today to schedule your lighting retrofit consultation!